Our Thanksgiving 2017 Tablescape

If you follow along on Instagram, you probably saw a sneak peek shot of my Thanksgiving tablescape. It's not the design I had originally planned a few weeks ago, but when I found this blanket at our local HomeGoods, I was inspired with a new design.


Since the blanket is a deep blue with other shades of blue and indigo in it, I kept everything else light and bright. If you look closely you can see there are 2 different plate patterns used. I learned years ago after having my first little one that having a collection of different style plates in all the same white won't stress me out if one breaks or chips. I simply go out and purchase another white plate and no one will ever know it's new to the hodge podge collection I have. Also with all white plates I can throw in any color I want and it works.



I found the perfect putty/grey colored napkins and while playing with a placement for them, I came up with this bowtie design using my Nate Berkus napkin rings which add just the right amount of bling along with my new silverware.



The silverware was another HomeGoods score. Our original set from our wedding is no longer complete. Pieces have gone missing or damaged in the garbage disposal so I was on the lookout for a new set. This set from Waterford is fancy enough looking for holiday dinners but not too fancy for everyday use. I love the mirror finish it has to it, can you see my reflection in it?




A few vintage touches mixed with modern keep it looking fresh. The goblets were from Ross years ago. On each side of the table I have a vintage silver shaker and a modern marble shaker paired together.


The centerpiece is a brass planter filled with candles, evergreen sprays, and twinkling string lights. surrounding that I have more sprays, oranges, white pumpkins, and a couple of candle sticks.



     


I have to thank the ORC I just completed for having a holiday tablescape designed well in advance instead of something thrown together the morning of. Getting this room redecorated for the challenge helped motivate me to do something a bit more put together for the holiday dinner. I can't wait to gather around it with family in just a few days. And yep still waiting on my chairs...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
Meg

Comments

Popular Posts