A Lilly Pulitzer Themed Baby Shower.

Within the next month our family will be growing by the addition of a little girl! As soon as I found out my sister was having a little girl, I knew I wanted to celebrate her with a Lilly Pulitzer themed baby shower. Little Lucy will be the first girl in this generation of our family. There are 6 boys already between me and my sister so I've never actually had the opportunity to throw a pink party until now... and now I'm not sure I ever want to throw any other colored party ever again! 


Invitations were created with Lilly Pulitzer's Sweet Pea print on the front...


And the Bohemian Queen print with this quote on the reverse side.


I live 8+ hours away from my sister so one of her friend's graciously offered to hold the party at her gorgeous home. It made it so much easier to keep all the details a secret from her by not having it at her own house. The mantle was decorated with baby shift dresses, pink and gold tassel garland, and various items that had that Lilly vibe including lemons, flamingoes, and some pieces by Teil Duncan. The Lucy letters were made with craft store white wooden letters that I decoupaged with the bags you receive APS items in. I had been saving them knowing I would use them for something down the road with their pretty pink palm print.




One of the very first ideas I had for the party was creating a "juice stand" for the beverage area. I created the sign using her name instead of Lilly's and painted the Hotty Toddy Pink Lemonade print as the boarder. The "legs" of the sign sat inside some tall thin vases filled with lemons to help hold it up.




For beverages, we created a Mimosa bar. It featured sparkling wine or sparkling water, a choice of 5 juices, and fruits and mint to garnish with. It was such an easy project but added a huge punch to the feel of the shower.




Once everyone had their drink, we gave everyone an ice cube with a baby frozen in it. The first person to notice their baby completely free from the ice, had to yell "My water broke!" and they won a prize. Other games we played were "Find the Guest", "Guess the Children's Book Emoji", "Don't say Baby", and "What's in Your Purse". Prizes were cute, tropical smelling candles in fun colors and containers. The ones we used are no longer available but this one is very similar.


The food table was set up with some fabric that had a Lilly-esque look to it, tulips, a pineapple, and some festive honeycomb balls in shades of pink. The food was kept simple, chicken salad with croissants, pasta salad, fruit kabobs, banana muffins, veggies, cheese and crackers, and a Chick-fil-A super salad copycat that may have tasted even better than the real thing!




My mom made almond cupcakes adorned with raspberries and mint.


Guests brought home pineapple shaped sugar cookies each adorned with a different Lilly Pulitzer quote.



More pictures...







My sister and "Lucy".




My mom, sister, and me, all dressed in Lilly of course. You can find my mom's style dress here, my sister's style blouse here, and my shift dress style here.


Me, my sister, and two of her best friends who I couldn't have done all this without. Thank you girls!!


I can't wait for our next trip up because that means little Lucy has arrived and I'm pretty sure once I get a hold of her, I'll never be letting her go! My sister has been warned.

While we were up there we finished the nursery as well. I'll share that post later on... can you guess the inspiration for her room? Let's just say I'm completely jealous of her and wish it was my room!

-Meg

Comments

Unknown said…
How was the sign made? Cardboard? Wood? Etc?

Popular Posts