Fall 2017 ORC: week 2- going dark

Ok you all, you know how last week I was going on and on about how serendipitous it was for me to find the chairs I had had my eye on for months? Well I just received an email from Wayfair yesterday saying that they are out of stock and won't ship until the middle of December. Um what?!?! Cue the tears, pouty face, and the "WHY ME" cries! Don't they know I have a deadline, and what are our guests supposed to sit on at Thanksgiving? So yea now I have that to figure out what to do with. It's not like I'll go with my second choice because there isn't one, I've looked at EVERYTHING!

Besides the chairs, I got some painting done. I know I mentioned we would be keeping the same color we painted right before we moved in, however I've always wanted a dark dark dining room and woke one morning thinking, why not? So I ran to Lowes and grabbed a gallon of Sherwin Williams Inkwell...


I LOVE IT! Yes it looks blackish. In fact the guy I put my order in with came over to me and asked me if it was a black looking color in that tone where you know they think you're crazy for picking out something so bold? I'm so excited to get the molding and trim up. It's going to look so cozy and rich! Please don't mind the mess, I threw everything on top of the table to paint...


I love how it looks with our brass curtain rods! (we're debating crown molding so until we decide I didn't bother painting all the way up and dealing with that headache if it's not needed...


We are also painting the front door, but we're still debating which color to go with. Right now we've narrowed it down to Sherwin William's Upward (on the right), and Watermarked (top one on the left swatch)...



Oh and that molding in the picture up there, that's to create a chunkier look to the top of the front door. That's on the do to list this week so hopefully I'll share photos of that done next Thursday, and hopefully the door will have it's final color choice on it as well.

I did also find 2 of these mirrors to hang in the entryway. They're kind of big so I'm hoping 2 of them will work and not look too crowded. Once the chair rail portion is installed I'll hang them up.


That's it for this past week. I was hoping to have more done. And with the disastrous state the front of the house is in, you would never know we're hosting a Halloween party next weekend! I'm hoping the "under construction" look will help with the spooky factor. Maybe...

To see the full plan for the room, visit last week's post here.

To see how everyone else is coming along with their rooms, visit Linda over at Calling it Home.

-Meg



Comments

Donna said…
I love the dark. Getting ready to paint mine dark on the top too. Looks great. Can’t wait to see when it’s finished.
Danielle said…
This is going to be so beautiful! I love a dark dining room, makes it so much more intimate!

Popular Posts