ORC Week 3: Master Bedroom

We're half way through and honestly not much has changed since last week, oops. I work better at last minute! I have ordered a couple of these euro pillow covers for the bed...

I'll be picking up an all white duvet cover this week and be on the look out for a fun lumbar to pair with the euros above.

I've decided I'm going to paint our dresser (if you follow along on Instagram then you probably saw the color choices I had taped up on to it trying to decide). I think I've decided on this, Misty Surf by Valspar...

 It's a light blue with a heavy grey undertone to keep it from looking too babyish and just enough modern. I think I'll keep our hardware that's on it to keep the vintage flair.

 

We're still debating on a bed/headboard situation. I found this one on Walmart.com of all places. My mom has it in a dark grey and it looks really nice and much more expensive than you would think coming from where it comes from.

Daddyo isn't completely sold on it yet but I have a feeling this will be it.

 

Some artwork I keep looking at and need to order, all from Minted.com..

From here.

From here.

 

I've hung the curtain rod finally after fighting with the wall and screws for 2 days! I need to browse lamps and night stands. As much as I want to use the drop leaf table from my MIL, I'm not sure I can find something that will pair with it well for the room as we only have one. I might share what I find on Instagram as I go shopping this week, @WinderandMain if you're not already following along. And be on the look out for a reading chair as Daddyo has mentioned he thinks a chair will look good in the corner and who am I to argue about buying furniture?

 

I'm sure most others are much further along than I am. You can see the updates from the other participants here.

 

Now to go paint!

 

-Megan

Comments

Popular Posts