The One Room Challenge: Week One

It's that time of year again for the One Room Challenge. I had so much fun last spring making over my office space that I've decided to join in again this time around. I contemplated a few rooms in my own home but eventually decided to ask my friend/client from this past project if she wanted me to work on her daughter's room for the challenge. We had been talking about giving it a makeover for a while now so we both thought this would be the perfect push to get it done.
Ava is about to turn 8 and requested horses, pink, and princesses, however her mom wants it to be a space that will grow with her over the next few years and beyond. Here are some before pictures...






We will work in a new paint color, such as a neutral grey that will work down the road as she gets older, some new bedding, a new rug, some storage pieces including a new dresser, and baskets to hold her favorite toys, artwork, and a new nightstand. The accessories will be the fun part and bring in the things she loves the most. The board below is what we are working off of. I've called it an Equestrian Princess design. I think it fits her perfectly.

Ava's Equestrian Princess Room

Ava's Equestrian Princess Room by winderandmain featuring a hat coat rack

The best part of all of this, is her mom wants to keep the whole design a surprise for her (it's part of her birthday gift). She knows her room will be made over but she doesn't know any of the details. I will try to capture a video of the reveal and share it with you on here if I can figure it out, if not I'll post it to instagram. I can't wait to see her face!

Next week I'll share some of the pieces we've found already! Follow along on Instagram for some sneak peeks!

Meg

click here to check out the rest of the ORC.


Comments

Unknown said…
You're board is so sweet. Ava is a lucky little one:)
Unknown said…
I like your design board, fun & sophisticated for a little girl! Hollie
Your inspirational ideas are so pretty! Looking forward to seeing what you do.

Popular Posts