One Room Challenge: Week 2

Welcome to week 2 of the ORC! As a recap from last week's post, I've joined the challenge again and am working on a friend/client's daughter's room. I'm so excited about this room because it's my first little girl's room I've designed! Having 4 boys I don't get to decorate in pink a whole lot so this is completely new for me! Here is the design plan I've come up with for her room, oh and it's a surprise! We'll video her laying eyes on it for the first time when it is reveal ready! I can't wait!! She's adorably sweet and I think this design is perfect for her! Because it's a surprise, we have to be careful with how we put it together. We're picking out and purchasing everything and then one weekend while she's away at her grandparent's we will put it all together, including paint the room! It will be a busy weekend but worth it! 


Here are some of the items that her mom has purchased already. I'm hoping to use it all but when it comes time to put it all together we'll decide what works and what doesn't at that time. I'll have a detailed source list during the reveal but if you have to know where something came from before then, just message me and I'll share!


This mirror was the jumping off point for the room's design.


Ignore the pink rug. This is her current one and we are still looking for a replacement. We thought we found the perfect one but once it arrived, we realized it was much darker in person than online so it's going back.




The metal portion of the end table may go gold, we'll decide at the end once the wall color is up and the room begins to take shape... I think it might work either way.


When I sent my friend to the store to pick up the horse art below, she happened to find this one also and couldn't decide which one to go with, so if we can't use both, we will have Ava decide which one she likes during the reveal.


The reason there are currently 2 of these is there is a bit of a color difference between them. One has a green tint to it that is really pretty but with the wall color, we aren't sure if it will read too green in the end. The other one is fully black and white.


She picked up these curtains yesterday. It's hard to tell in the photo but they are actually a very purple-y grey and I think will help pull the little purple mirror and grey shelf from above together well.



She's also found a vintage style dresser from Craigslist but I forgot to take a picture of it. Hopefully next week I'll have a rug update!

Don't forget to check out all of the other ORC's here!

Meg

Comments

Looks like you have some great pieces so far! I'm sure she's going to love her new room!

Popular Posts