DIY: brass letters.

This is probably the easiest DIY there is but I thought I'd share it anyway. I've seen a lot of faux zinc letter tutorials but this one is for antiqued brass letters.


what you'll need:

paper mache letters
gold metallic spray paint
dark wax or stain

Start by spray painting your letter{s}.


To add a bit of variety to the letters concentrate spraying in a single spot too {you can see where I did this at the top of the leg here}.


After spraying I felt the gold alone was a little too flat and shiny. I used some dark wax and blotched it all over the letters adding texture and depth.


There's no right or wrong way, just work with the wax until you get a look you like.


Let it dry and wa-la...


I created these to hang in the older boys room. It goes well with the Nate Berkus brass lamp and faux brass drawer handles.


And I love how it reflects light making it look more real than a quick DIY faux treatment.


Once I finish painting the walls I will share the rest of the bunk room. I keep hoping the paint fairy will do it one night while we're sleeping, but that hasn't happened yet...

*Meg

Comments

Popular Posts