Evan's nursery

I'm such a bad blogger I know. But hopefully I can get back into a normal blogging routine again as we settle into our new life with another little one. The nursery isn't 100% done but it's about 90%. If this were our house the blue carpet would have been long gone in a heartbeat but as renters we can't do that. We did paint and added a feature wall with some contrast behind the crib. I made the bumper after seeing this post from Katie and knowing that was exactly what I had in mind for my new little man. The dresser is a refinished piece picked up at a thrift store {I'll have more on that in a later post}. The "mobile" was also handmade, and the curtains were given some trim banding to go with the cribbing.


The currently blank canvas will hold his monogram once I get around to making it and tacking it up on to it.

 

 


This little musical bear has now hung on all 4 of the boys' cribs. I'm hoping it will be around for grand kids to enjoy one day too...

 





 

 










The art in the gold frame was found at HomeGoods and reminds me of the lake downtown and all of the swans and ducks that live in it. It's one of our favorite places to hang out. We used to live a block away from it and my in laws still do. The next 2 pieces were finds from thrift stores years ago. And the large fish piece is a sheet of Cavallini gift paper that I framed.





These are the favorites of all of our books... you may be able to tell by how abused loved they look.


The rocking chair used to be my great grandmother's, then my grandmother's, and now mine. I'm so happy to have this piece to rock my babies in. {still deciding to refinish and how, and I need a cushion}.


And here's our little man. Evan Ashley, born March 1, 2014. We are so in love we can't stand it! So far he doesn't seem to mind the craziness that goes on in our household and life, which is good because it's a whole lot of craziness over here!!

Be back soon... I hope!!!

Meg

Comments

Popular Posts