My 2013 Christmas Wishlists.

Per my mom's request who says it is too hard to buy presents for me, I've created a few wishlists. This year we are doing something new with the kids for gifts. A few years ago I first heard of a tradition I'm sure you've heard of already... "something you want. something you need, something to wear, something to read". It basically limits gifts to 4 per child/person whoever you're giving the gifts too, but we're hoping this will help our kids be a bit more grateful of the gifts they receive this year. It seems as though every year there is really only 1 or 2 gifts they truly want and everything else they want just because. And we tend to buy them things just to have more things for them to open on the BIG day. This year we are taking this simpler route. We'll also throw in a 5th gift that is from Santa as well as little gifts in their stockings that Santa brought, so they don't think Santa completely forgot about them... After all we do have an elf spy going back and forth each night giving Santa updates on them. And a bonus to this idea, less toys mean a less mess to pick up at the end of the day since all of our toys tend to have to come out of their baskets and be scattered throughout the house!

So anyway I decided to make my wishlists in this same fashion. I picked out a few things in each category...


"SOMETHING i WANT":



"something i want"




I love Blue and White pottery, my collection is pretty sad so a few more pieces {whether old or new} would be a great addition to it. Our Ross has a storage ottoman that I've been wanting for about a year now. It looks similar to the one on the board but has antiqued brass nail head trim to it and opens up for storage. I want it to go at the foot of our bed. I have always loved Pottery Barn's Vintage Pewter collection. I have the non slotted scoop but would love other pieces, the salt and pepper shakers are adorable as are the napkin rings. I would love another dutch oven in either copper or just a white/cream. TJMaxx and Marshalls is a great place to buy copper cookware at a great price. We just ordered a cannon rebel and I have been told that I should get the 50mm lens because it takes amazing pictures. I love Target's brass bar cart, not that I drink but I think it adds a fun element to a dining room, plus it offers extra storage which you can never have enough of! Also at Target is a set of 3 starburst mirrors that I have been coveting. And last we have had a breakfast bar at all of our homes for the past almost 9 years and I have yet to invest in any bar stools.  I love the look of the Tolix ones and Target as well as Overstock.com has packages of 2 for a great price and since we would need at least 4 for our family the 2 pack makes it easier, of course in the metal finish.



"SOMETHING i NEED"


"something I need"



This area could be a little tricky but here is what I came up with... You can never have enough casserole dishes. I often discover just 2 in our home will not cut it. White will go with anything and any holiday, it's a safe color for dishes. I really could use some more wooden spoons. I like using them when I cook and I only have 2 at the moment. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this next one but I really need new dish towels. I should make it a rule to replace them every 6 months or at least every year. I've had mine forever and you can tell. My current wallet is starting to fall apart. I can't decide if I want a medium leather brown one similar to the color of my purse or go for fun with a neutral polka dotted one. Brand names aren't important to me although I do like Ralph Lauren and Kate Spade. I can never have enough baskets, I'm always needing more to store things, have always loved this one from Target. And pillows. We could use quite a few new bed pillows. I like Target's. {can you tell i"m a Target fan?}


"SOMETHING TO WEAR"


"something to wear"



This category for me is a bit tricky at the moment considering I'm temporarily not my usual size. Regular clothes don't fit me and with only 2 months left of being pregnant after Christmas buying maternity clothes wouldn't be the smartest choice. However I love neutral bobbly jewelery that I can use to dress up my t-shirt and jeans. Even though this shirt from JCrew wouldn't fit me now, I love stripes and boat necks, so this equals love for me. I would love some high gloss red Hunter rain boots. Not that I live up north where they are really needed, I think they are fun and we get loads of rain down here during hurricane season. My leather boots that I loved somehow got ruined. I think some little munchkin spilled something on them and they are now stained and not so pretty. These from Nine West sound to be comfortable and I like the look of them, not too casual and not too dressy.


"SOMETHING TO READ"



"something to read"




Not that I'm going to have much time on my hands after baby gets here but I do love having books whether to read or set out as coffee table look books. I'm not a fan of "serious" books. My favorite author Sophie Kinsella has 2 books out that I currently do not have in my collection. Even though I'm in the middle of reading 3 other books, i can always make room for more of hers. Ralph Lauren's A perfectly Kept Home sounds fun to look through and I love his style. The Perfectly Imperfect Home has been a book I've been wanting for a while, as well as The Great American House. And those last 3 would look great sitting in my coffee table top basket.


So there you go {mom}. Some of the things I wouldn't mind finding under the tree Christmas morning. Hopefully some of these things will give you ideas for gift giving this year. Have any of you adopted the 4 gifts idea? Any tips or advice about it? We haven't prepped the kids yet but we'll be working on it. I don't think they'll be too upset, especially if they get the one thing they have been asking for all year!

Happy Holiday shopping!

xoxo Meg

Comments

Popular Posts