Holiday Treats: Toffee Bars.

As promised here is a recipe for the first holiday cookies I've made this season. And apparently I made them just for me as no one else in the house is interested... I'm not complaining!

Toffee Bars




Ingredients:
1 C soft butter
1 C packed brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 C flour
1/4 tsp salt
semi-sweet chocolate chips
toffee heath bits


Cream together butter and brown sugar.


Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and salt, beating well. It will look like this:


Press into greased 15x10 in baking pan.


Bake at 350* for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown.


Immediately place chocolate chips on top and return to oven for 1 minute.


Spread chocolate over the top...


And sprinkle with heath bits.


Let cool for about 10 minutes and then score the bars. Place in fridge for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is hard.


You should be able to get a clean break for the most part now.


Pile them on a pretty plate and eat up!


I created a recipe card on Picmonkey.com if you'd like to print it out. I've also added it to my HOLIDAY board on Pinterest if you want to Pin it.


They're addicting let me tell you! I may or may not have already eaten about 3/4 of them myself!
Happy Holiday baking!!!

xoxo Meg

Comments

Popular Posts