our ottoman meets ikat.

If you follow me on Instagram then you already know that my oldest decided to help our deteriorating ottoman fall apart a bit faster by peeling a huge piece of the leather off. I had planned on recovering it eventually but wasn't planning on doing it so soon. After walking about a mile up and down the aisles of the fabric store and a few temper tantrums from a 3 year old who wanted to walk and run around the store instead of an enjoyable ride in the cart, I settled on a neutral indoor outdoor fabric with an ikat design. I love how it turned out and even added some nail trim to the bottom. I'll eventually repaint the feet as well but for now it looks much better.


















Here's a look at the before, kind of, sorry forgot to take a complete before picture but this is what it looked like in our last home, dark and a little too manly:





What do you think? I'm kinda in love with it now!

Meg

Comments

Love the ikat fabric! Looks fresh and modern now! Great job!

Popular Posts