where have I been? and my hutch is back!

Long time no talk huh? Life has been a bit crazy around here over the last month. But to fill you in real quick on everything that has been going on... My husband works in construction for a general contractor and the project that brought us back to Orlando was ending at the end of summer. He kept emailing his boss to see where he was going to be placed next and he never heard a response. This led us to think he was being laid off. As if that wasn't stressful enough, our lease on our current rental was going to end at the same time and we weren't sure if we should renew or let it go and the kids would be starting school but where do we send them? Because we had no idea where we would be and if he would even have a job we decided to let our landlord know we would not be renewing. During all of this time my husband had been sending in his resume and going on interviews to find a new job. After 2 rounds of interviews with a really great company we were notified they wanted him to come work for him, however they didn't know exactly where he would be placed, anywhere from Miami to Kentucky... pretty big area to look for a house huh? We finally heard we could sign a lease in Orlando as he would be staying here for a while at least, so we found a new place within 6 days of having to be out of the first rental, brought the kids to their same schools they had been going to and then we got a call from his current employer letting him know where he would be located next! After months of worrying because we didn't hear anything from them, they weren't planning on letting him go after all! It was a relieve but still, I think we both grew some grey hair! The end of the story leads us to a new home, down the street from our last, and him starting a new job in just a couple of weeks. So now that most of the boxes have been unpacked and I'm beginning to relax again, I hope to be back at blogging regularly again. 

The only area that is "finished" is my hutch. I was so happy to find a home where we could use it again instead of it being stored in the garage. I've even began setting out some autumn decor as well... enjoy!














I repainted the hutch BM's Hazy Skies. I love it! I think it's my new favorite grey! If you were to mix grey, cream, and a tan together this is the color you would get. It looks perfect in any light and is such a great neutral for pops of color. You can see the color it was previously here.

I'm slowly making my way through the other rooms. I'll be back to share the progress once it's "blog worthy". 

Happy Autumn!

P.S. if you're beginning to feel the Autumn season, please send some our way, it's still muggy and hot most days with lots of rain!

~Meg

Comments

Popular Posts