our family room tour.

As promised here is our family room {warning there are a lot of pictures!}.

The big clock on the wall no longer works, it broke during a move and I haven't gotten around to buying a new hands/clock set thing to fix it.




Love my new milk can my mom gave me for Christmas. It's not antique or vintage but I love it's color! You can read more about the chair here, and the drop leaf table here.


 Here is a tiny glimpse of the kitchen, or one semi wall of it. I love silver platter hung on the wall in a group. In the lower left corner is a putting green, I call it the green elephant in the room. I'm married to a golfer, he needs to practice his putting before tournaments so unfortunately this was the only space large enough for it to fit. the boys get their practice time in too so I guess it works. Just ignore it for the rest of the tour. The blue slipcover was white but it didn't look good, it wasn't a warm nice white, so I dyed it navy.


Love my new Ralph Lauren lamp, and the silhouettes of all my boys from each of their first trip to Disney.


The leather ottoman doesn't really work that well for me anymore but it has huge storage space so I'm thinking of recovering it somehow so we can still access inside of it. And the project list keeps growing...


I sewed this linen slipcover for the little sofa that you can read about here.


This table is probably my most favorite flea market find and project here. This lamp was on clearance for $13 when Linens and Things went out of business.


Family pictures and an urn filled with chess pieces my hubby picked up in Austria in high school. He was the chess state champ back in middle school.


For our tv viewing pleasure. It's made by Thomasville and came from Target a few years ago.


The bookshelves on either side hold books and family photos as well as some of my milk glass collection.



Hope you enjoyed the tour, that concludes our home. I told you it's small! If you're new here you can view the other rooms by clicking on the home tour page button above. You can see rooms from other homes we've lived in previously as well.


Next week I'll share with you my sister's new home. They closed on it last week and have been busy painting and laying new floors. The boys and I leave next week to visit and relax work on the rest of the house. My sister and I have been texting, calling, and emailing like crazy the last couple of months to get the design plan for each room finalized. My car will be filled with goodies for her and I can't wait to get it all in and surprise her with the finished result. Not sure who's more excited about it, me or her!

Stay tuned,and enjoy your weekend!

~Meg

linked to some of the parties below:





Fabulously Creative Friday

UndertheTableandDreaming freckled laundry Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up
    party! Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Furniture Feature Fridays Visit thecsiproject.com giveaways Transformation Thursday My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Lettered Cottage
{Primp}
Photobucket The DIY Show Off The DIY Show Off toomuchtime


Comments

Your family room is beautiful. I love the clock, round side table and your dyed slipcover sofa. The lamp is a beauty!

Dee

Popular Posts