the bunk room's new look.

I had mentioned in a previous post that the boys were split up from their shared room a couple of months ago. The little one learned how to climb out of his crib in the middle of a fit one evening and it was all over after that. We tried to get him to sleep in the crib turned toddler bed but he wanted to sleep in his brother's big boy bed instead. That meant someone had to go to the playroom/guestroom . The oldest volunteered was bribed into having his own room. Now that the two little ones were in the original bunk room alone the middle one didn't want to sleep on the top bunk, and there was no way I was letting a then 23 month old sleep on the top so apart came the bunk beds.


To save trouble and more frustration we left the beds the way they were once the top bunk was lifted off and onto the floor. If you look closely the bed on the right is higher off the floor than the one on the left. It was previously the top bunk. We left the rails on as they were perfect for keeping the little one on the bed and not falling onto the floor in the middle of the night. And yes the bottom drawer of the dresser broke, i have plans for that but it will have to wait for another day.





The painting on the right was the inspiration for the room, i love it's colors and knew that was the look and style I wanted for the room.













 Sources:

The beds are from Macy's furniture clearance center about 4 1/2 years ago but they are usually a stock item and are always there. The quilts are the Madras Quilts from PB Kids. Denim pillows are from a going out of business Dillards about 3 years ago. The front striped pillows and the red lumbar pillow on the chair are Ralph Lauren from Marshalls about a year ago. Middle pillows are vintage, were my grandparents. All of the art was found at thrift stores and flea markets except the large fish picture, it is a Cavellinni paper in a Hobby Lobby frame and matted. The dresser is old, my sisters growing up but painted in Attitude Grey by SW, my favorite dark grey. The chair {painted an oops grey} and lamp was found at Goodwill and spray painted lagoon by Rustoleum I believe. The shade is from Target years ago. The pendant banner I made from fabric scraps. The rug is Ikea. And the walls are painted Antique Beige by Behr, not a huge fan of it but it's better than the pink and blue that was throughout the house when we moved in.

I think I like it much better put together like this instead of how it was before, plus it's much easier making a twin bed than a bunk bed. I have two more things for the room I want to add, a large black and white photo of each of the boys over the sides of their beds, but not sure when that will happen. I'll keep you updated when it does though! Oh and curtains but more than likely they won't go up in this house since we only have a couple more months left here.

{You can see how the room looked like when we first moved in here.}

~Meg

Linked to some of these parties:
UndertheTableandDreaming freckled laundry Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up
    party! Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Furniture Feature Fridays Visit thecsiproject.com giveaways Transformation Thursday My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Lettered Cottage
{Primp}
Photobucket The DIY Show Off The DIY Show Off toomuchtime

Thrifty Decor Chick


Comments

it looks awesome! love the colors, the bunting, the paintings... all of it! great job!
Stacey said…
Cute bedroom with the beds and the pennant flag! Love it!
I would love if you stopped by my linky party to link it up! I would love to have you there!
Stacey of Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
Very cool Bunk Room! I found your link on Delightful Order's Link Party. I would love for you to post this on my link party at... http://www.doodlesandstitches.com/2012/05/link-party-time.html
Thanks for sharing!
So cute!! I love how all the different pieces/colors all come together to give it a beachy comfy feel!!
Meg, that turned out so cute! What a perfect space for 2 little boys.
Katie Olthoff said…
Love this! My two boys share a room, too!
I have always loved the look of two single beds in a room. This one turned out wonderfully!
Anonymous said…
Hi Meg,
We are very interested in talking to you about your home interiors blogging. My colleague has sent you a private email. Hopefully you'll get it (check your spam folder if you don't!) and would be so kind to get back to us.

Many regards,

Michael.
Kim said…
That room is adorbs! I have the same paint-by-number of the little boy fishing in my son's room! Too funny!
xoxo,
Kim

Popular Posts