my new bag.

My purse straps were beginning to crack, probably because I carry way more things in it than I should and it probably couldn't handle the heaviness any longer. I'm pretty picky about purses. It has to be big enough to act as my "diaper bag" but not look like a diaper bag. I like leather but am really picky about the colors out there, it has to be just right, and not shiny or thin looking. I like canvas bags but I don't like them plain Jane or look like it's a beach bag. So I decided to create my own purse/bag/carry all.

I've named it the Taryn Tote, after the girl I will most likely never have... I'm in love...

Chambray because recently I've been in love with it and it's neutral enough to go with everything but isn't boring looking. Durable canvas on the inside to keep it sturdy and ready for anything and everything I seem to have to carry around with me all the time. Real leather straps to help hold the heavy duty. A magnetic snap to offer some closure.

And a good sized pocket on the inside to hold my new i-phone {I'm no longer the only soul on Earth without one}, chapstick, and a fruitstrip from Target brand, they're my new obsession, I think I eat about 10 a day, I seem to have to carry those around with me too now, I won't confess how many I have stashed in my bag at the moment, but try some, really their good! {And yeah I'm pretty sure that's the world's longest run on sentence, but that's how I'm feeling right now}.


So what do you think? I can't wait to wear it out, I may go run unnecessary errands tomorrow just to show it off! You can go here to learn more about it.

~Meg

{linked to some of these parties below}

UndertheTableandDreaming freckled laundry Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party! Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Furniture Feature Fridays Visit thecsiproject.com giveaways Transformation Thursday My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Lettered Cottage
{Primp}

Photobucket The DIY Show Off The DIY Show Off toomuchtime
beneath my heart

Comments

Jemmmma said…
Wow, that's awesome! I love it!

Andddd I love targets fruit strips!
Anonymous said…
Looks beautiful!

Hope you'll link up to my Monday Link party! :-)

Mauvin' Monday Link Party

Cheers,
Jessica
Kelly said…
Just popping over from Skip to my Lou linky party to say this is amazing! I'm you're newest follower.

Kelly @ herringbone lane
Tammy said…
I love this bag! It's simple, yet so sophisticated. I've been toying with the idea of making a lap top bag and retiring the plain black company issued one. This is sort of what I've had in mind for that. Thanks for the inspiration!! :)
Abby said…
Lovely bag! I like the straps!
That is gorgeous Meg!! I too have been out of touch in the blog world, so good to check in with you! I love those fruit strips, so delish!!!
I am completely and totally in love with this bag. LOVE. I really wish I could have one! :o) so so perfect! Thanks for the inspiration and for linking up!
Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

Popular Posts