an elegant french cottage living room design.

Lately all the rooms I've been designing have incorporated blue in them, not because I want to add blue to every room I design, but because every person has asked for blue in their design. However everyone's blue they request happens to be different from the next one as well as the style and feel they want in their room. I thought I'd share a different one each day this week so you can the shades of blue and what style they help express in each design.

One of the designs I've been working on lately is for an elegant french cottage looking living room. My client mentioned she loves blue and white pottery so I used that as my inspiration.

{I tried making the board a bit bigger but now it's making it look a little blurry, sorry}. We are using mostly neutral pieces to help lighten and brighten the space with pops of blue throughout.

We've talked about adding some Bosporus in the brick colorway, to the room also.


The room has a really pretty fireplace with built in "window seating" on either side. As of right now there is only one window but there is talk of adding another window to the opposite side eventually. Some pretty blue fabric will be used for cushions on the bench and will be the main pop of cobalt blue in the living room area. A collage wall with family photos will flank the wall opposite of the fireplace in a variety of collected frames. She may even put her husband to work creating a piece of art for over the mantle, he built their tv cabinet and it's gorgeous!

I was so excited to design this room and can't wait to see it begin it's transformation! I'll keep you updated with it's changes!

~Meg

*if you'd like help with your home please email me at WinderandMain@gmail.com for pricing*

Comments

justin said…
oak dresser
I had never observed of design community. Looks like very awesome products.

Popular Posts