Tybee Island & Savannah.

This past weekend I planned a bachelorette weekend getaway for my sister who is getting married in just over a month. I decided on Tybee Island and Savannah Ga. for the weekend since she wanted something relaxing and a getaway type of location. Friday night we ate at the Crab Shack. It's all outdoor and this is how the area was lighted...
The next morning a walk on the beach led to some fun treasures and beautiful backdrops...




lots of seagulls, who for a change weren't attacking beach goers for food...



a couple pelicans were spotted flying and diving into the water...


washed up jellyfish were all over...


I wanted this piece of driftwood, but it was too big to fit in the car, I opted for some smaller pieces instead...


There were canoers and kayakers...


more birds...


beached sailboats...




a beach swing to peacefully view the waves crashing...


one of the houses there with a New Orleans meet Key West vibe...


the sign on the pier...

Later Saturday we ventured into Savannah for a little shopping and dinner. Our first stop was the Paris Market... complete love! I've been wanting an old church pew like this... I didn't get it though...


loved the collection of vintage printer's trays, would love to have a complete set like this some day...


the vignettes and displays were so peaceful and whimsical...



I loved all the white...



I wish I had a place for these chandys... so pretty!


I think the floor might have been my favorite part of the shop...


hubby and I have been wanting to get bikes for evening bike rides with the boys...


I've seen this idea around blogland and I love it...



and of course the staircase with the stacked books...


The city...


carriage by horses...



It was fun but the one thing I wasn't too thrilled about was that all the stores close at 6pm. So because of that we didn't get to do as much shopping as I would have liked. I did leave with a few finds from one of the local antique stores. You'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see those though, the store wrapped them up for me and I'm not unwrapping until the move, just a few days left! Tomorrow I'll show you pictures of our beach cottage.

In the mean time who knew there were so many different whites? I'm trying to decide on the interior color for the new home. I think I'm leaning towards that top color, it's called stonewashed by Behr's all in one.


So many whites to choose from, and so little time...

Do you have a favorite white or neutral that you always turn to? I'm open to suggestions!

~Meg

Comments

ahh! SO jealous! I've always wanted to plan a trip to Tybee Island. Looks fab. Did you see and of the "Mermaid Cottages" by Jane Coslick? Oh, and I use "Swiss Coffee alot, by BEHR, and navaho white by Ben Moore. But they look more white than your samples, so they may not be what your looking for. Good Luck! d e n i s e
Unknown said…
I have wanted to go to Tybee Island it looks so relaxing, my kind of beach...
Savanah is so much fun. Have been a couple times with the Girl Scouts. It's the home of the founder you know...
We took the train with the whole troop once, that was fun.
Thank you for coming to our open house Megan, it really meant alot to see you there and it was nice to meet your MIL!!

Happy moving~Sue
OOh I wish I were your sister! ;) What a beautiful getaway. Your pictures gave me a little vacay!!!

Hope you're feelin' better soon!!

Popular Posts