our vacation part 1: Barre, Vt.

We are finally home from our summer vacation to the New England area to visit with friends and family. I want to say thank you to all of the wonderful bloggers who guest posted for me and for giving everyone such fun ideas for summer!

Since I have a ton of pictures to share with you I'll be posting it in parts. Our first stop was in Barre Vt where all of my relatives live. I spent my summers and an occasional holiday there growing up. I love taking the boys up there. They love to be able to run around and not worry about bugs, or snakes in the grass, or getting red hot and sweaty from running around. We went on lots of hikes through the "woods" and climbed many "mountains". Here are some pictures I was able to capture to show you around the town.

My grandparent's lilac bush was in bloom when we arrived. I loved falling asleep and waking up to the aroma of it. It's petals on the ground looked like snow, almost.



The views are to die for. I want a home with this view. My aunt and uncle have it.
The faintest, tallest mountain that can barely be seen is Camel's hump.

We brought the kids to the local quarry.


Drove by field after field of wild flowers. When I was a little girl my favorite thing to do was pick wildflowers when I was there. The boys actually enjoyed doing the same this trip.


And of course you can't go to Vermont without seeing some old barns and cows.



I loved the rust and chipped color on this old tractor.





I loved playing with my new camera and trying to take professional looking pictures, I know I have a ways to go before I can call my pictures professional but at least I was able to play around with it and learn some new techniques. Tomorrow I'll share with you pictures from Brandon, Vt where we visited for my cousin's wedding.

~Meg

Comments

Christie said…
Oh, Meg! These are beautiful pictures! You have some GREAT shots here! Those views are just so breathtaking! Glad you had a great trip! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

Popular Posts