be my guest.

I recently made over our guest nook {an area in the nursery designated for guests to sleep, hopefully one day we will have a guest room}. Go here to see the before. My first inspiration was the vintage bird prints I hung over the bed with vintage clipboards.


I then wanted some fabric that had a lot of red but also blue and maybe other colors as well. I fell in love with this fabric when Sarah used it in the mudroom of her farm house. I was so happy when I came across it at Mary Jo's during a recent visit to my sister's.

It still felt off to me and I decided the art and large frame just didn't fit so this became...

This.
I love my silhouettes of the boys and wanted to use them again. Their book paged canvas backdrop blends in well with the book paged wall and helps keep the wall from looking even more busy but still allows art to be hung.
A close up of the pillows and burlap trim. The coverlet is an antique find from a yard sale.



The side table was mine as a little girl. It used to be a vanity table and has a mirror too. It was transformed into a diaper changing table with my first son and now is being used as a night stand.



Some vintage books and my baby's cute little shoes.
Seriously Target as some really cute shoes for boys right now, {all of my boys received plaid shoes to wear for the summer, I love them}.


That's it. I'm so happy with it. I would love to devote an entire room for guests one day, when we don't have a baby in a crib, and use the same fabric on the pillows for some floor to ceiling drapes to add drama. One day. For now I'm happy...


~Meg



{linked to the parties above}

Comments

I like the lampshade but I have to tell you, I love the wall paper!!
I LOVE that fabric too! That is my favorite of all Sarah's houses. Your room is great. I think am going to copy your ruffled shade it is so adorable. Love your blog it is so cute!
I love this room . The paper wall is great. I just started a wall like this on my stairway. Love both the birds and the black and whites. great job!
d e n i s e
Tricia said…
Bravo- this room is fabulous!!
xo~
T
Hi! I found your blog over on "by stephanie lynn" and I am SO in love with all of your ideas! I am obsessed with encyclopedia paper and have a similar taste in my crafts and projects so of course I am drooling over your ideas! This rooms is just so so my taste I love it! I would so love if you would come and check out my blog...I hope we can be bloggin friends!
Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy
Oh my goodness! It's so cute! I love it! :-D
Anonymous said…
What a lovely space - beautiful details! I linked it to my guest rooms post too today, well done!
Anonymous said…
As a matter of fact these informative and great blogs have amazed me. Wonderful collection of the posts!! These will be definitely helpful for everyone. http://shredderselect.com/best-cross-cut-shredder/

Popular Posts