the bridal shower.

This weekend we threw my sister's bridal shower since she was giong to be here for another wedding and probablynot again until her own wedding. I was in charge of decorations. I envisioned lots of white, greenery, and silver (her wedding colors are black, white, and an applish colored green). I wanted to use lots of flowers so got a mix of tulips, carnations, daisies, and another one I can't think of at the moment and placed them in assorted pitchers and vases I already had. I made the 'C' with a craft letter from the craft store and some moss mattes I had for some other project that didn't work out. I joke with her because her first name begins with a 'C' and her future last name does also so for now they all stand for her name while after the wedding they will stand for her new last name. We had a selection of fun drinks along with berries and black and white striped straws to top them off with.



The food table was dressed with a simple white tablecloth. We used white and silver dishes to serve the food on. I love how the whte flowers look in my new silver pitcher.

Here are my mini topiaries working as food name cards. She is planning on reusing this idea on her tables at the wedding but holding something else, I'll share her idea closer to the big day.

Here is the cupcake table. The cupcakes were adorned with white frosting, mint leaves, and blackberries. The perfect colors for her shower.

I forgot to take a picture of the banner I made but she loved everything! It all went off so well and I was so happy it all came together as I hoped it would for her. Of course she got many presents too. I told her I was going to move in with her so I could take advantage of her new gifts too! Now off to relax during our mini spring break vacation! ~Meg {linking to the parties above}



ps- is anyone having trouble with Blogger when it comes to your post layout? Some pictures are ending up side by side when I don't want them to and the typing is ending up all wrong! I can't seem to keep it where I want it to, so sorry if it's a little hard to read and understand when the picture it's supposed to be explaining is not there but down further. Do you know how to fix it?

Comments

Lori said…
Fresh flowers are the finishing touch. Everything looks just gorgeous and delicious. I'm not having trouble loading pictures. I do have to make sure I add a space and have the cursor in the exact spot I need it. Makes it easier to go back and add wording.
afternoon tea said…
Great setting! Everything looks great. I love the little signs saying what the food is, I'm allergic to fish and I feel embarrassed asking what's in things.
WoW! This is a lovely Springy tablescape for a shower or any luncheon! I adore your placecard holders for your luncheon menu items. Very cleaver idea!
Fondly,
Pat
Kathleen said…
It looks lovely! I am sure everyone enjoyed your efforts!
What a cute tablescape! I know that everyone who went to your party enjoyed it. I love the black and white, too.

XO,

Sheila :-)
Looks dee-lish and beautiful! LOVE the food name cards and I'm craving a cupcake right now!

:D Lynda
Sweetladyelaine said…
Your Bridal shower tablescape is beautiful! I am sure your sister loved it! Loved how you incorporated all her colors in clever ways.
Blessings,
Sami said…
What a lovely shower! I love the moss place card holder for menu markers - great idea!
~sami
Tricia said…
What a gorgeous table! I love the color scheme, and you've carried it out beautifully. Love those little topiaries to identify the goodies! I agree that it's hard to make Blogger behave!
Jennifer said…
What lovely details! I love the moss elements! Especially the little pot labels. Cute! Visiting from Chic on a Shoestring.
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas
How darling. I especially love the little place cards that identify the menu items.

Warmly, Michelle
Dana Gastelum said…
You did an amazing job on this bridal shower! Those topiary place cards are so cute! I just found your blog and am now following along. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Dana
http://southerninspired.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts