Project Apartment Makeover- The living room

The Tuscan theme was also present in my sister's living room so we made some simple changes so it felt more french country, as well as bright and airy just as the dining room now looks after it's make-over.





Here is the after. The pear paintings are originally from Ikea but were found at our local Goodwill for less than $10 each! My sister has been wanting them forever so we purchased them and brought them up as a surprise for her! They really brighten up this wall. The coffee table also used to be a dark brown but we painted it a creamy white and distressed it some...

The back pillows of the coush received new covers in a black and cream ticking to also help brighten up the room, and nothing says french country like some ticking!


The lamps received a makeover as well. We used the same bases she had already but switched out the shades for some she purchased at HomeGoods. They were plain white but with some creativity and a little time and patience we turned them into personalized pieces that I'm sure will be great conversation starters!



I'll give a tutorial on these later this week, hopefully, along with all the other projects we did.

The fireplace received 2 new baskets to hold their blankets for those chilly nights.





The wall across from the couch wall received some empty frames, (most bought at Goodwill and some were hers already), that we painted a grey/blue and hung ni a collage. Over time she will add to this and maybe hang some things in a few of them. She will also be looking for a small dresser/chest to put along this wall to hold all of thier movies and games in.

Another look at the after...
We switched out the curtains as well to some tan linen colored ones from Ikea for only $15 a pair but I forgot to take an after picture of the french door/curtain wall.

Tomorrow I'll feature her bedroom and bathroom makeover, it too went a little french country!

~Megan



Linked to:



Keeping It Simple

Serenity Now: Show Me the Progress Party





The Shabby Nest- Frugal Friday

Comments

Heaven's Walk said…
Hi Megan! Great transformation on your sister's living room! What a difference a little paint and ticking can do! Love what you did on the lampshade. Very creative and one-of-a-kind!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk
looks great! love the after! coming over from keeping it simple.
WOW!!! What a transformation!!! Love the colors!
Jen T said…
Megan you are such a sweet sister! I love the lamps and will be looking for the tutorial. How cool! Everything looks great and the Ikea pics were a steal! You really pulled that room together - can't wait to see the other rooms. Great work - Jen
Maria said…
Wow! I love how bright it is. That chevron pillow is perfect!
I looove those lamp shades. :) The grey-blue frames are awesome. Thanks for linking up. If you could please add a link back to my party, that would be great. :)
What a wonderful makeover! You did an excellent job!
Michelle said…
Fabulous transformation! I love the lampshades!!
Jami said…
What a nice sister you are! I can't wait to see how you made those lovely lampshades. I hope you'll stop by my PRETTY PACKAGES PARTY next week. You're so creative, I'm sure you have some super cute ideas for wrapping gifts!
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com
smiles!

ps. I'm your newest follower on this beautiful blog!
Lisa said…
It looks great! So put together and elegant! I absolutely love those lamps so I'd love to see how you made them!
idesign said…
This turned out so great! amazing :)
I'm visiting from show and share day, come by and visit sometime <3

-Jackie
http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/
I love a good before and after - thanks for sharing. This looks great!
Tausha said…
Looks so fresh and cozy! Great job! What would we do without sisters! I am crushin on the lamp shade! Fabulous!!

Popular Posts