Succulents and milk glass

Remember my last post about the milk glass I found and my plans to plant some succulents in them? Well this morning that's what me and the 2 older boys did...



I bought 6 different kinds of succulents,...sorry I forgot to take note of which one got planted where... some potting soil, and grabbed my milk glass finds, and my kids little shovels (they were a better size for this):



I love the end result:





I even tucked some moss in to hide the dirt (like the Nester):







It adds the perfect touch of green to the room, don't you think? The entire project cost me about $25:



We have more "gardening" plans for the boys to plant their own herb garden this weekend, we can't wait to have fresh basil for homemade pesto sauce!

Now to figure out what color to paint that table...

~Megan





Want to enter some fun giveaways?

Karla @ It's the Little Things is hosting a Lisa Leonard giveaway!

And Kirsten at 6th Street Design School is hosting a Modern June giveaway!



I'm linking this to:

The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday





Keeping It Simple

Comments

Unknown said…
Those are so sweet! The milk glass sets off the colour of the succulents perfectly!
Jess said…
Love this so much! We have a little side garden with succulents that came with the house. It never really seemed to fit with the rest of the garden, but I think I am going to transplant them in to cutie containers and copy you! Love it! Thanks for the inspiration.
Sue said…
Such a clean, fresh look to add to your decor. And how fun that your kids could help, too!
Cute! This looks like something you'd see in a magazine. It's a great way to display your milk glass, too.
Melissa said…
The succulants look so pretty in the milk glass!!
Love the green and white together, so fresh and clean. Good job by your boys!
Kaysi said…
Those are so pretty!!
everyday graces said…
I've inherited some milk glass from my grandmother and this is such a cool idea. I really like your blog. It's really inspiring :-)

Popular Posts