Kids footprint art

I love how little my kids' feet are, and everything else... oh how I wish they would just stay little! So to preserve the cuteness of thier feet now I decided to do some footprint art with them...

I bought a 3-pack of 5x7 canvases and had the boys pick out what color they wanted (out of a smaller selection that I chose so they would go with the rest of our decor), and then the fun began.



I had the two big boys step onto a paper plate covered in each of thier designated colors and then helped them step down onto the canvas to create thier one of a kind footprint... the baby's foot I painted with a foam brush, while he was sleeping, and then pressed it onto a canvas...



It was not only fun for all of us but it is something that I will treasure forever and a way to remember years from now, just how small they each used to be!



~Megan

linking to:




DIY Day @ ASPTL

The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday

Comments

Twyla said…
Very Cute and Creative!
Sarah said…
Fabulous! Totally Love it. I love handmade projects whether its crafts, food, and anything else!

www.livingonhomemade.com
Eileen said…
Oh my! I really love this and am totally going to steal this idea for my house! Thank you for sharing, it's so cute and unique!
mommy2luke2008 said…
This is so cute and it looks great on your wall!! I featured this on my friday favorites!
http://lilbitofus.blogspot.com/2010/05/friday-favorites_21.html
So Sunny Day said…
What an awesome idea to make it in such a way as to preserve it.... and match! Love the colors :)

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
ificould said…
I love this idea! I posted a link on my blog: http://ificould-ificould.blogspot.com/2010/06/footprint-art.html

Grab a featured button if you want: http://ificould-ificould.blogspot.com/p/featured-sites.html

Thanks!
Jessica said…
I love love love this idea!! That is the sweetest idea I've seen today on blog land. And believe me, I've seen A TON of super cute ideas today!!!! Now I want to have some kids just to do this precious art! .. some day ;)
Anonymous said…
...I love this...the colours look great and as you say, a real family keepsake of when they were little. I must get the paints out and just do it!!!

Popular Posts