Flea market frame turned chalkboard

What do you get when you add these items all together?



You get a fun and large magnetic chalkboard!



I found the frame at my local flea market and paid $15 for it, the paint we already had and my hubby was able to get some sheet metal cut to size from work...



I loved how old the frame looked (not sure it's exact age) and decided to keep the imperfections and chipped areas just as they were...it shows it's character...



This picture shows just how big it is on the wall...



And how cute are my homemade magnets on it?...






I love the way it turned out and think it is the perfect addition to our dining room/my craft room... now I can announce what's for dinner as well as any ideas that come to me for design!...




~Megan


I'm linking to:






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


frugal friday @ Shabby Nest

Comments

Kimmy said…
LOVE that frame!!! I agree that it looks really good to keep it in that same original look. Great job, it's adorable!
Anonymous said…
Looks FABULOUS! I'm a sucker for pretty frames. I can't even begin to tell you how many frames I have that are waiting to be transformed.
KimMalk said…
I love it! I'm glad you kept the frame as-is, it does add so much character.
Angie said…
Nice! and big! Loving the magnets.
Decor To Adore said…
Such a clever and creative girl. My heart is going pitty pat.
Pam said…
This is perfectly done; love the fact that it's not only a chalkboard but it's also magnetic. Great job!
Beth said…
So cute! I love the frame and your magnets are great. Thanks so much for linking up :).

Popular Posts