Dining Room Design Plan: the Chairs


Since we moved I haven't really gotten around to decorating the dining room/my craft room but now that the baby is here I'm ready to begin.

I found these 2 parsons chairs at my local Goodwill a couple weeks ago for only $4.99 a piece! You better believe I scooped them up the second they told me thier price!



There is some peeling of the faux leather...



But that's ok because I have plans to create some slipcovers for them. I'm also currently on the look out for some good wooden chairs with upholstry seating, that I will replace, to go along side with the parsons for more of an eclectic look that is a mix of formal and casual.
Here are the fabric samples I have choosen for the room:

This first one will be used to make slipcovers for my $4.99 parson chairs,



This yellow will be used as a small pillow on each parson, maybe,



And the stripe will be used to reupholster the wooden chairs I haven't found yet,



I will probably also throw in a pillow made from the same blue fabric as my family room pillows on a reading chair that sits in the corner of the room.

Thats the plan I have so far, hopefully tomorrow I will find more pieces and inspiration for the room.

~Megan

This post is being linked to Southern Hospitality's Thrifty Treasures linky party

Comments

Angie said…
My jaw dropped when I saw what a great deal you got! I would have bought them too. They will look so cute in any of those fabrics.
What a great price! They will look great!
Charity said…
Definately an awesome find! My jaw dropped too! What a price!

Popular Posts