Layering Frames

I love the look you get when you layer frames or nest your frames inside one another on the wall.
The pieces fit perfectly into the first frame (the dark brown) but were just too little for the wall where they hang. I had 2 extra frames (the gold), one without the glass in it, and decided to layer them around the first. They fit perfectly and almost look like they are one piece because of how snug they almost are with each other. I think layering frames make a small frame look more important and substantial.


They are 2 of my favorite pieces in our home. They are my kids' silhouettes we had done at Disney (they were done at different times, hence the different sizes). It's a tradition that we will gladly carry on with our next one who is soon to join us. He will have his done on his first trip to the Magic Kingdom just as the other 2 have. My dad worked at Disney for years and me and my sisters all had these done when we were young. I always said when I have kids I will have theirs done too...at the Magic Kingdom.
Enjoy!
~Meg

Comments

Joyeful said…
This is a great idea and it looks fabulous! I've honestly never thought of that before!

Thanks for visiting me!
RenĂ© said…
That's a great idea!
Wow, layering the frames adds so much dimension! My SIL and close friend are both about to deliver their 3rd an 4th babies too- I hope you're feeling well in the last weeks (days?) of your pregnancy!

Popular Posts