Homemade Message Boards

I love the message/cork boards that Ballard Designs sells, you know the ones that come in a pretty frame, however the price tag for them is way too steep for my budget. I've also seen them sold at HomeGoods but it's still more than I want to pay for a cork board, a pretty cork board, that looks pretty easy to make.

I love to collect frames from thrift stores as well as the damaged bins at my local JoAnn's. Usually the glass is missing but the frame is in great condition. Here are some frames I had that I have made into message boards to hang around the house. They are perfect for displaying my kids' art work, pictures, and messages to hubby...not too mention they are pretty and were very easy to make... and a fraction of the cost if I were to buy one already made.

(these were both found at a local Goodwill)

(This one was in the damaged bin at JoAnn's for a fraction of the original cost if it had still had the glass)

The process to make them is easy as 1,2,3,4.

1. I use poster foam board for the backing in which I cut the same size as the frame opening.

2. Then I trace that same size foam board onto a sheet of cork which you can purchase at your local craft store, and cut that out.

3. I then glue the cork onto the foam board with hot glue because it is the fastest (work your way little by little from one side to the other).

4. Then place into the frame without glass and hang somewhere to enjoy!

It's super easy and doesn't take much time, even with 2 little ones running around you and your work area playing Batman!

Enjoy!

~Megan

This is being linked to:

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special





>

DIY Day @ ASPTL

Comments

Magic Brush said…
Great ideas!!!! My kids would love these!
Those are great! Good job :)
I've been meaning to make one of these. Using foam board as the backer is such a good idea!
Great job. Thanks for sharing your creativity.
Have a Blessed Week,
Sherry

Popular Posts