Fall ORC: Week 7- Dining Room and Entry Reveal Day!!!

Welcome to week 7, aka reveal day!!! Before this challenge I imagined our dining room as a welcoming and cozy space where we could entertain family and friends on holidays and every days. I wanted a space where guests would feel comfortable enough to linger longer at the table talking and enjoying each other's company and even maybe playing a game or 2 while sipping on after dinner drinks. Here is the design plan I thought would help give that feeling...




And here are a couple pictures of the room(s) before the challenge...



And here is what they look like today...


The entry became more welcoming with a bench and a pair of mirrors. (fun fact, we choose our entire exterior paint color theme because of this door color, Iron Mountain)...


Both rooms received some chunky chair molding to add to a less than character filled space...


The interior side of the door received some color in a light grey blue...




Before I show the dining room side, I must preface it by telling you you have to use your imagination and picture these chairs around the table. Unfortunately I did not receive an ORC miracle and am still waiting for my chairs to be shipped...


Do you have them in your head? I don't like full room shots but here you can see how everything is placed throughout the room...


In the original design I never planned on repainting the dining room. However I've always wanted a dark dining room, I think it adds to the cozy factor, and I fell in love with this color. It's a deep, deep navy that in some light almost looks black, I love how the molding pops against it...






And now some detail shots because those are my favorite!...










One last larger shot of each side of the rooms...



I'll share the space again once my chairs come in and it is 100% complete. Overall I'm in love with the spaces and I'm so happy there's at least one area in this new home that feels done. Also I can't wait to host family in here next week for Thanksgiving (don't ask me what we'll be sitting on, I haven't figured that one out yet).

Details are below as well as past posts if you'd like to see how I got to the end result. To see all of the other rooms completed during this challenge, visit Linda at Calling it Home. And once again thank you Linda, House Beautiful, and Home Love Network for hosting and getting me to move my butt and finish a room!

-Meg


Past Posts:



Entry Details:

bench- Tuesday Morning
natural rug- Ross
mirrors- HomeGoods
white plaid pillow- HomeGoods
navy and green pillows- Target, Hearth & Home
"It's Good to be Home" sign- HomeGoods
door color (interior)- Valspar's Krypton
wreath on outside of door- Target
trim and wall below chair rail color- Valspar White Dove 
above chair rail wall color- Benjamin Moore's Pale Oak

Dining Room Details:

table- Pier 1
chairs- bought years ago
grey console- HomeGoods
table lamp- Target
lamp shade- World Market
white frame mirror- TJMaxx
gold framed art leaning on console- vintage
landscape art- Target
chandelier- Arteriors
pillows on chairs- Elements by Erin Gates from HomeGoods
table blanket- HomeGoods
candle sticks and holders- Target
brass dish- Target
fiddle leaf fig tree- Micheals
bar cart- Target
curtains- Ikea
curtain rod- HomeGoods
gold framed black and white art- HomeGoods
wall color above chair rail- Sherwin William's Inkwell

One it's Way:

dining chairs- Birch Lane

Comments

Popular Posts