Fall 2017 ORC: dining room and entry design

It's that time of year again for colorful leaves, pumpkin spice frappacinos, plaid everything, and the One Room Challenge! I may technically still be working on my master bedroom from the spring edition of the ORC but this time around I'm determined to finish the room. The first room you see as you enter into our home is the dining room, and since we moved in, it's kind of become a catchall and storage area for things I'm not sure what to do with. I finally have a plan that I'm in love with and the energy to carry it out... 


dining room and entry design


Here are some before pictures...








The Entry will have a mirror with some interest to it and possibly some art. I'm hoping to find a navy tufted bench to fit under the mirrors grounded with a natural jute rug (which I already have and found not too long ago for a steal!).

We purchased the Bradding dining table soon after we moved in this past winter from Pier One. It took me forever to decide on one I liked, was the style I wanted, and most importantly was the right size. Plus we had a "Congratulations Welcome to the Neighborhood" coupon that made it a steal and the price we were looking to spend...



The chairs I was even more picky about. It felt like everything I found was either too country looking, too trendy looking (and even though I liked some I was afraid I would fall out of love too soon), or was way too expensive (think $700 a chair, and I need 6 side chairs and 2 heads... no way). Then I came upon these at Birch Lane one night and fell in love!! However, the price was still a little more than what I was hoping to spend so I kept on looking. I think I've seen every chair that is for sale in the entire world! Or it at least feels that way, and none of them could make me forget about the Lisbon Rake Back chairs. Then by chance the other night while still looking for another option, I happened to look them up and they were on sale! Seriously they never go on sale! I swear I looked them up at least 2x a week to check... and on top of that, I had just received a BH&G magazine in the mail and there was a coupon for Wayfair which would make them the exact price I was hoping to find chairs in!!! I think I startled my husband who was sitting next to me on the sofa when I found them and began screaming and running for my wallet. I can't tell you how excited I am to get them and see them in person! There is not 1 bad review and I just love them so much from seeing them online! Unfortunately they are sold out at the moment (They actually only had 6 left when I found them and that was just the number I needed so yes I took the last few available, if that's not SERENDIPITY I don't know what is!)

default_name

We already have both lights as well, we purchased those just after moving in to replace the lights the builder had put in, but need to get an electrician over to install them (we have a 2 story foyer that neither one of us is climbing to hang that foyer light).

The walls are Pale Oak by Benjamin Moore, and we painted them before we moved in. We do plan on adding some molding and trim to both the entry and dining area. I like the style and design ChrisLovesJulia did in their nursery, so chances are it will be similar to that...



Everything else I have an eye out for while shopping in hopes I can find everything I need to pull it all together by the end of this 6 week challenge. I'm so excited to get a room finished in this house and having the dining room done before all of the holiday meals that will be taking place in it is a great motivator.

Check back each Thursday to see where I'm at in the process. For now if you want to see more rooms taking the challenge, you can visit Linda over at Calling it Home to see everyone else joining in.

-Meg




Comments

Dwell Effects said…
That table is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Nicola O. said…
Those chairs are amazing -- nice hunting, there! :)

Popular Posts