One Room Challenge: week 1

It's time for another round of the One Room Challenge! It's been a little bit since I participated because of the move into our new house but this time it's perfect due to all of the rooms I need to put together. This year I've decided to focus on our master bedroom. It seems that our room is always the last room given any attention if I get to it at all. This time around I'm making it a priority to put together a relaxing and restful getaway for us at the end of the day. It really is a blank slate. 
 
We painted the walls Pale Oak by Benjamin Moore prior to moving in so the color is staying. I love it. It's the perfect creamy greige, and it only took me about 2 dozen different paint sample pots to decide on it!
 
 
I've done nothing to it since our move 3 months ago. It's kind of become a holding room for items waiting to be stored away.
 

The list to be done is kind of long but that just means a greater transformation in the end right? Still not 100% sure what I want to do, but I know what needs to be addressed.

 Bedding

Headboard
Bed platform?
 
Curtains:
   New
   Paisley neutral curtains already owned
 
Art
   Above bed? (Depending on focal wall)
   Each side of tv
   Each side of bath door
 
Night stands
 
Redo dresser?:
   Paint a soft creamy grey
 
Focal wall (bed wall):
   Wallpaper
   Board and batten
   Faux wallpaper/stencil
 
Makeover mirrors for over night stands 
 
Ottoman/ bench in front of window
Reading nook in tv and window wall corner?
 

 I've been browsing Pinterest to find some inspiration pictures so I can pick a direction to go in. Here are a few of my favorite images: 

 Via here.

 

 

Via here.

 

Via here.

 

Via here.

 

Lots of cozy neutral bedding with blue accents and a pop of color here and there. That's the broad plan at the moment. Next week I'll hopefully have a design board and have found a new place for all of the clutter that has piled up in there since the move.

 

To see the others participating in this challenge, visit the home of the ORC here.

-Megan

Comments

Popular Posts