One Room Challenge- Week 6: Equestrian Princess Room Reveal

It's week 6 in the ORC which means I'm done! I'm cutting it super close this time with it being almost midnight but I can finally breathe now!

For a little reminder, here are a few of the before shots of my friend/client's daughter's room I took on for the challenge. She requested horses, princesses, and pink.




Here is the original design plan I came up for the room.

Ava's Equestrian Princess Room


However during one of our rug hunt outings, we came across this Pottery Barn Kids rug on clearance as it was a display piece and the price was something you couldn't walk away from. It had a bit more purple hues in it than we envisioned so that made the design plan change just a bit.


This is the second plan created to work with the new rug.

Ava's equestrian princess room 2


And finally the after...














This framed photo was a huge inspiration piece for the room's design.












Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen? He lights up too. Her dad works in the Be Our Guest restaurant in the new Fantasy Land in Magic Kingdom so it's a bit of a nod to him. She has the most wonderful collection of Disney memorabilia, the nice stuff not the tacky stuff.











What do you think? Do you love it as much as I do? This was my first girl's room to design and I loved every minute of it! It was so different from a boy's room in which I have plenty of experience in (hello mama to 4 of them!). As planned, we surprised her with the reveal so as soon as I'm able to figure out how to get it on here, I'll share it with you. And if you're wondering, she loves it... And so does mom!




Sources:

wall color- Benjamin Moore Halo
dresser- Craigslist find
rug- PB Kids
horse art- Target
glass lamp and shade- Target
bird lamp- Hobby Lobby
nightstand- HomeGoods
baskets- Marshall's
cork board- Michael's
word art print- TJMaxx
bird hooks- Home Decorators
bedding and pillows- Target
throw- HomeGoods
purple picture frame- Michael's
small purple mirror- Michael's
curtains- HomeGoods

Everything else you see in the room was their's already to work with.

Once again thank you Linda from Calling it Home for hosting this fun challenge! Visit her to see some more amazing room transformations!

-Meg
























Comments

Unknown said…
Aw, it's darling! My daughter would love the equestrian theme...and that rug is gorgeous! What a score!!
It turned out so cute! I love the rug. Great find! Nice work!
The Boho Abode said…
This has to be THE CUTEST little gal room ever. I'm especially crushing hard on that mirror and rug. Awesome job crossing the finish line!
hcb interiors said…
That rug is great! Way to create a soothing room that's still kid-friendly!
SHERRY HART said…
Just changing the paint color was the biggest thing to me! I love a pretty gray and pink/blush palette!
I adore the girly pink with the horses. This room will give her the freedom to be silly and creative. Well done.

Popular Posts