One Room Challenge- Week 6: The Reveal

I made it! Barely... as in yesterday I bought the curtains and hung them, as well as gave the fan/light combo a quick face-lift kind of barely! You can see the original game plan here. I din't quite stick to it but I LOVE the results! There are still a couple more things I would like to add but for now it's a huge difference...

Here's the before...


And the after...


You can read about the bookshelf makeovers here.




The original curtains I wanted to use looked too frumpy. So then I found a really pretty coral colored sheet and added trim to it, but it ended up being too bright for my taste in this setting. So then I found these curtains from Tj Maxx and they are PERFECT!


The great art debate is no longer... I created a gallery wall (go figure) with some inexpensive frames and some homemade water color pieces (tutorial for the frames coming soon).




The bench used to be a coffee table! I'll have a post about how we made it into a usable bench soon as well... I LOVE how it turned out!!!



The fan/ lamp combo was given a shade in a coordinating and fun new color to help it blend in with the room's new look.


The desk got re-arranged and I'm hoping it is easier to keep clean this way now that there are 2 separate work areas.


Some more before and afters because that's the fun part right?












The kids are enjoying all of the space now too... it's perfect for a good game of Bird Bingo (best game ever if you've never played it before; and #3 was sick and not in the mood for pictures, so pretend he's right there in the middle bossing everyone around like he does best!)


I hope you enjoyed the tour as much as I loved sharing it! Thank you Linda for hosting this fun challenge that was just what I needed to get this room into shape! Now to begin all of the others that received the junk that was originally in here! It's a vicious cycle!

You can see all of the other participants here.

-Meg

Comments

Wow, what a transformation. I love that desk area and the bookcases. This is so pretty and so functional. I love the drapes and how you created a similar patter on the backs of the bookcases. Great makeover.
Unknown said…
So fresh and classic!! Well done!!
Alana in Canada said…
Wonderful! Such an excellent job.
Unknown said…
Meg, this looks beautiful! How you managed to do this with 4 little boys running around is beyond me! I love the white and blue curtains, so soothing and go great with the wallpaper bookshelves! Great job! Sarah, Sarah Sofia Productions
Unknown said…
Lovely office, bright and elegant:) Well done!
Wendy said…
Your office space turned out so pretty! I really love the pattern on the back of the bookcases & the curtains. Great job! Off to check out your home tour!
Anonymous said…
It looks amazing! Great job! Love those curtains!
Anonymous said…
Amazing job, the transformation is fantastic! I love the classic details and how you backed the bookcases!
Awesome!! I don't think you painted the space a new color, but it looks so much brighter!! I love the curtains, the bookshelves (!!!) and your art with that bench. Well done!!
It's fantastic. I love how clean and organized it feels. It is also really pretty and a lovely space to work or play. How adorable are the kids!! Happy Mothers Day.
SHERRY HART said…
Wonderful job on this space Meg! You pulled it together so nicely. It is much more functional and pretty so that is a win...win right?
Decor To Adore said…
What an amazing transformation! A true job well done. I adore the color palette you selected. It feels fresh and fun. The six weeks went by so fast. I completed our entry, living and dining areas in a new to us 30 year old house. So, cheers to us! Have a wonderful weekend.
Vel Criste said…
Great job Meg!!!! Love the Federal mirror on the wall and how you styled and organized the book cases!
What a great transformation. My favorite feature is the bookcases! I love the new backing that you put in them!

Popular Posts