client e-design update.

Happy Memorial Day!

Remember my e-design client that wanted a french cottage style in her living room and breakfast nook? here is the board I came up for her. The goal was to lighten up her space and bring in the blue she was now craving.

Here is a picture she sent me before. Their previous house was done in all red, black, and gold and when they bought this house she just used all of the same things she had before.


Here it is today, in a process stage. Actually in the middle of beginning the re-design her husband got a new job which now means that they will be moving to another city. She plans on continuing the re-design in the new house but for now I thought I'd show you what she has done so far.


By eliminating all of the dark red, blacks, and golds, the space looks so much larger, brighter, and lighter.



We had plans to create some window seating on either side of the fireplace as well as add another window to the right side of the fireplace to create some symmetry bu those things will have to wait until the next owner for now. Do you notice the script fabric for the pillow on the sofa, love it!


Some new pillows made from the bosporus fabric sit on the two arm chairs. And you can barely see it in the pictures but a new natural jute rug was chosen to replace the red and black one that was there before.



Here is the breakfast nook that adjoins the room. Again it looked dark with all of the dark cabinets, furniture, and rug.



New white slipcovered parsons chairs were purchased to sit around the table which automatically lightened up the space. However the focal point and huge softening feature added to the room are the buffalo check curtains.


There are still plans to re-paint the hoosier cabinet to a blue grey color but so far I think there is a huge difference. It now looks so cozy and comfortable to sit down to dinner with friends and family.


Katy has promised on letting me peek into her new home once they move and I'll be sure to share more after pictures with you once things get moving again. Good luck Katy on the move and congratulations to your husband on his new job. If anyone is looking to purchase a home in Canyon, Texas email me and I'll send you the link of their home's listing. Thanks for letting us all peek into your beautiful home!

Next home tour will be my sister's house. The builder's are moving right along and they will be closing in less than a month from now...  the the fun  begins! I have a feeling a lot of my summer will be spent in Charlotte, NC painting and decorating! I'll share how it's coming along soon! And speaking of my sister, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

~Meg

Comments

Popular Posts