the boys room.

I love love love how the boys room is turning out. It's not completely done, I still need to get some curtains, I'm thinking the same ones Emily used in her home from Ikea, and dress the crib {which is why you won't see either of those things in this post}.

The only other girl in the house with me wanted to pose for pictures, she loves her human brothers and you'll often find her cuddling with them in bed.
I found this quote and thought it was perfect for my boys. They each drive each other crazy one minute and then next they are the best of friends. We were nervous about putting all 3 in the same room but they love it and so far no problems!

The art collection is a mixture of vintage paint by numbers and some originals I found at thrift stores, they all have a water theme to them. The top painting was done by my oldest, R, soon after we found out our family would be going form 4 to 5. It's my favorite piece in the room. The S is for our last name.


This is I's bed. The big boys quilts came form PB kids and they each got their favorite color, his is green.

And R's is red. The euro sham came from a Dillards that was going out of business about 2 years ago. The ticking pillow came from my grandparents house, it's old and vintage but I love them and they scream boy to me! The front pillows are Ralph Lauren from HomeGoods a few months ago.

You remember the dresser from this post, and then again from this post. It was always meant for the boys room and I love the distressed feel for the room. The top of the dresser holds a few mementos.

A view as you walk in the room. I want to hang some black and white pictures of the boys on that wall at the end of the bunks.

I made the pendant banner for them about a year ago.

This little chick was the first thing I bought when we found out we were expecting our first little bundle of joy. It came form Target in the dollar section, it was Easter time then.



This lamp was black, you can see the before here. I spray painted it Lagoon by rustoleum at Lowe's and then rubbed some ebony stain over top of it. I paired it with a linen shade I had already, although I'm looking at replacing it with a different linen shade form Target that has a bit of a jute trim to it. The London bear came from one of their Tio's who studied law over in England for a bit. The picture of them was from our Christmas card last year.

And because this guy does this all day long and gives me a heart attack when he hangs over the railing up there and jumps up and down on the bed with no fear...

The ladder hangs out here during the day. And yes he's currently sick with that cute little red nose and baggie pj's he still had on late in the day.


That's the room as it is now. If this room had a bit of toile in it, it would scream me. I think it screams my boys too, whimsy, fun, and a bit sophisticated, or at least I'd like to think they are. I'll be sure to share the updates I make, hopefully in the near future!

~Meg

{linked to the parties in the party tab. & BNOTP}

Comments

Unknown said…
I love it Megan! It's not too young or too old...they can grow with it. You nailed it!
love it meg! Very "all american boy". the bunting is awesome!
d e n i s e
The room looks fantastic! Love the colours and the cute touches everywhere. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)
Megan, very cute! I just found you from Met Monday - nice to meet you! I have 2 boys and their bunk beds are still down. We'll stack them when they can put the sheets on!! ;) btw, I'd love for you to join my new kids decor party, Tuesday's Nursery. You can link anything related to kids decor and from nurseries to teen rooms. It's on my home page but let me know if you need a link. Hope you can make it!
Meg, I love the boys' room, it is so sweet and so special, just perfect!! I am sure they love it too!!

{michelle}

Popular Posts