personalized summer totes.

I know Easter has come and gone but because of our great computer crash I was never able to show the Easter "baskets" I made for the boys. The main reason I'm still showing you is because they can be used year round, especially during the summer for the beach, summer camp, or overnite visits with the grandparents.


What you'll need:


fabric of your choice


tote bags {can be purchased at craft stores in the t-shirt decorating aisle}


iron on webbing sheets


design or letter templates


scissors



I used a pair of my husband's old shorts he got rid of a while ago, I loved the color and kept them in my fabric stash.



Decide how you want to decorate your bag. Since I was doing a monogram I choose a font on the computer, made the size to the size I wanted on the bag, and traced the letters onto the webbing sheet right off the computer {you can always print it out but the printer wasn't hooked up to the computer when I did this and I didn't feel like going through that}. You can always use some tape to hold it on the screen while you trace {also make sure it's a soft point pen so it doesn't ruin your screen}.
Iron your fabric onto the webbing and cut out your letters or pictures. For the sail boat I just freehanded the design myself.
Peel the back of the webbing sheet off and iron onto your tote bag. Wa~la.




I wish I had made the 'S' a little larger than the other letters. After I had them cut out I realized it wasn't as large as I thought it would be against the other two.


But there you have it, an easy way to personalize a summer tote for your camp/beach go'er. I think I may add some velcro to the tops also so it can close up completely. These could be used as personalized gift bags as well for a special someone's birthday present or any occasion.


And guess what? We got our computer back!!! Yeah!!! Bad news... Althought they said they would back up our data and transfer it back to our computer after it was fixed, not everything made it. Not sure how it didn't but all the photos I'd edited and had arranged in seperate folders are now missing. Anything and everything that was on our desktop before is no longer anywhere to be found on our computer. I"m pretty upset since all of my projects were in them as well as all of my favorite pictures of the kiddos. Oh well, live and learn. I'm taking an oath right now to keep all of our pictures on another removeable disk or whatnot from now on so I will always have them. But at least I can go back to regular blogging now!


p.s. I'm going to begin organizing all of the tutorials I've given on the blog into their own page which you can find at the top. There you'll be able to browse through them all and click on the image and go straight to it's own tutorial... I hope!


~Meg


{this will be linked to the parties above}

Comments

Jaime Costiglio said…
Meg the bags are perfect and so useful beyond collecting eggs. I'm right there with you in making the page tabs for projects, it's taking forever!!! I wish I was a computer geek - there's got to be a faster way but until then it's copy, link, insert, and on and on. Good luck!
Sherrie said…
So creative! Love your sweet boat totes!
Arabella said…
Absolutely adorable and unique! Great job ~ so glad to find you through Transformation Thursday. ;O)
Adorable and amazing! I love all
your projects! Very clever!

Jane
Flora Doora
Sue Rogers7 said…
Oh my, I just love these! I love the fact that you re-purposed fabric as well. I will be making these. Thanks!

Popular Posts