l'amour est dans l'air.

L'amour est dans l'air. Love is in the air.
My mom and I are throwing my sister a wedding shower this weekend.
I made this banner for her to string up between two columns at my mom's house so it's the first thing people will see when they enter into the house.
They got engaged in Paris.
Epcot's Paris, but still Paris.
So I thought a nice banner in french would fit them perfectly.
I hope she likes it as much as I do!


{how to:}

cut some fabric (i used a muslin and a linen) into the size and shape you want for your pendents, I used 2 colors one is slightly smaller than the first so it is layered.

hot glue (or sew) some jute twine between the two layers.

print out your letters onto t-shirt transfer printer paper (hint: if you have a t-shirt transfer paper mode on your printer settings then this will automatically mirror your image as it prints so when you iron it on it comes out correct)

let each letter dry then cut out to desired size.

iron onto the fabric (hint: press down firmly to get all of the coloring to transfer, press down lightly to get a more distressed look with your lettering).

hang up and enjoy!


~Meg

{I'm linking this to the parties listed above}

Comments

Kristy Carberry said…
Much prettier and personal than the store bought banners for showers and such! Thanks for sharing.
I'm making a banner ,too, for my Goddaughter's bridal shower. Her shower isn't until April 23 so I won't show it on my blog until after the shower since she reads it. I want to keep it a surprise. Homemade banners are so much nicer, I think. Yours looks great!
Karie said…
How cute. Thanks for sharing. Karie
Epcot Paris- you're funny! Simple and sweet. Love the personalization.
Megan said…
so so pretty. I adore it. I think she will love it.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com
I bet she loved it! Thanks for linking it up!

Popular Posts