a wedding shower: mini topiaries.

This week I will be spending time with the boys at my parents house since it's Ryan's spring break. But before I leave I thought I'd share another project I've been working on for my sister's wedding shower this weeked, mini topiaries {see the banner I made here}. I plan to use them as little place card stands to label all of the food. (don't you hate not knowing what you are dishing out onto your plate?)



















I bought the little pots from the craft store (these are the second to smallest ones), painted them white and then sanded them down a little so they show a little distress.




















Then I hotglued some newspaper in them, and on top of that glued some moss that I got at the craft store as well.

























I think they will make a nice addition to the food table, and add that perfect pop of green among all white and silver dishes. I'll make sure to share pictures of how it all turned out. Thanks to Jamie from That's my Letter for the inspiration on these!

Have a great weekend!

~Meg

{I'll be linking to the parties above}

Comments

Debbie B said…
love this idea! very cute!
Those are darling...I bet it will look really cute with the labels in them. I also like to know what I'm eating...great idea!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.com
Organizing Made Fun
Sommer said…
Oh so cute! I would love to have these along a window ledge. I would love to have you share this at my VIP party today =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-8.html
Jaime Costiglio said…
Perfect for spring, now I'm off to buy some myself. Thanks.
Love these little guys! Thanks for posting...think I'm gonna have to try this!
CUTE CUTE CUTE
What a great idea!!
Unknown said…
Adorable! love the painted pots.
You just can't go wrong with moss! Love these!
Hi Megan...I found you at Handmade Tuesdays and am a new follower. I think these pots are adorable and so easy! I don't think I would have ever thought of using newspaper. Brilliant! They would be lovely made in a bigger pot on a mantel...but the little ones are so cute all lined up. Come visit my blog if you have time and follow me back. ~Ann
Jodie said…
Simply Adorable!

Jodie
Anonymous said…
These are just adorable! Perfect for Spring/Easter. I think I'll be stopping by the craft store this weekend to pick up supplies to make these cuties! Thanks for the great idea!! (and so clever to use newspaper!!)

Popular Posts