The Nursery is finally complete!

I finally completed the nursery yesterday! It has turned out just how I wanted. I didn't want anything too babyish or anything that screamed "It's a Boy"... I decided to go neutral with a few touches of boy instead. This also serves as a guest room so it had to be comfortable for adult guests who stay in there. The entire nursery was done for under $75.


(of course we aren't starting the baby out in a toddler conversion. My 2 year old is still sleeping in here for the next couple of weeks until he goes into his big boy bed with his older brother... then it will be converted back to a crib)



The art work above the crib was done by cutting out hot ait balloon shapes from scrapbook paper and decoupaging it one to canvases. The smaller canvas I already had and the large one I found on clearance for $5 because there was a little 1/2 inch sized slit in it which is now covered by a balloon.



This was the glider before...

And here is the glider afterwards. It's not reupholstered in what I had planned at first but to save money I used some sheets we've had forever but never used... they were teh right color and still in the original package and best of all were free! The lamp was a recent purchase and find from Goodwill. The base ($12) used to be a faux finished looking brass color but I decided to paint it white thinking it would go well with my $2.99 lamp shade find at the same place. The inside even has the gold foil to it to make the light more warm! The 2 art pieces are just cavases I purchased on sale and covered with some wrapping paper I had.

The bookshelf is from Walmart for only $15. You can't tell in the picture but instead of using the backing that came with the package we used beadboard we had in the garage left over from a former project. I'm thinking of adding some thin molding to the front eventually to make it look more high end as well. All of the accessories we already had laying around the house and most have a sentimental value to them. (The frames will hold future pictures of our new little one once he arrives).

The changing table we put in the closet (we may still paint the inside and take off the doors but haven't done it just yet). The changing table is an old dresser I found at Goodwill this past summer for only $8. Alltogether I spent around $25 for the dresser, new hardware, and everything else to give it new life. You can read more about the transformation here at my old blog.

Here is the daybed for our guests when they come over. We've had this for a few years already but got a great deal on it! We paid only $199 for it because if you look closely (and even then it's hard to tell) the back and sides are 2 different shades of white. We love it and even more love the price we paid for it. The quilt was where I got my color inspiration from. The quilt we purchased at the same time of the bed. I used 2 different sets of shams we already had to help soften the back of the bed.

A little shelf to hang pretty things from. Again the frames above the daybed will hold pictures of our new little one once he arrives.



And that's it! I'm so happy with how it turned out... classic, eclectic with no apparent theme! I can't wait to meet out newest little guy and introduce him to his new room... less than 4 weeks left to go!



Hope you enjoyed the tour of our furgaly designed nursery! (is that even a word?)





~Megan

This post is being linked to

The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday Linky Party.

Funky Junk Interiors




Comments

Tiffany said…
Your nursery looks great! Love the outfit hanging from the shelf. Very cute. Good idea with the hot air balloons too. I like that. I am sure your little one will love his new room! : )
debi said…
Congratulations on your new baby! Less than 4 weeks to go for my first grandchild too!
Darcy said…
very cute cute cute!!!!!


justanightowl.com
Megan Gunyan said…
This is great. I love the feel of it. So relaxing and chic. Very nice.
Jenn said…
I really like your style! It turned out great!
Beautiful! The soft yellow is so warm and happy. And that daybed? Oh my goodness... that piece is amazing! Lovely outcome.

Thanks for linking it up to SNS!
FJ Donna
Pearl said…
What a transformation, you are very good my dear! My first time visiting and love your blog! Happy Baby, Pearl
Joyeful said…
I love the hot air balloons!!! And the room looks so homey and so perfect! Way to go!
MJ said…
Wow...really nice nursery. Congrats on your baby...I just had baby#5 in March. You did a wonderful job in this room. I didnt have to buy furniture because I have a 3yr old who just moved out of this furniture. lol I did splurge on the bedding but everything else was done with items I already had. Hope you'll visit me over at my blog.

Popular Posts